Monday, July 21, 2008

Finally!


One of the most difficult things to arrange here has been a charter helicopter to shoot aerials of the flooded forest habitat.  Between the changeable weather and the difficulty with dealing with a company in a different city, and a different language, this has been a real headache.  It has been scheduled 3-4 times and cancelled.    Thank God for Christoph's help! (And thank C. for the photo...)

Today, however, we flew - for over an hour with the door open so I could hang out over the Rio Negro and shoot pictures of the marvelous Anavilhanas Archipelago, long strips of forested islands as far as the eye can see.  I wish I could share pictures with you - but look at Google pictures: it is one of the most amazing sights I have ever seen.  

Only three days left, meanwhile, time to fill some holes and wind this up.  I'm tired, but feel like I've done pretty well...


Love to all,

Kevin

1 Comments:

Blogger tonyord said...

Just Googled the Anavilhanas Archipeligo, hadn't heard of it before,amazing, not one to be lost in!
Tony

July 22, 2008 at 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home