Sunday, July 13, 2008

Successes.... and friends

Today's news is that my underwater "rope trick" worked better than  I could have imagined.  By dropping an enormous hunk of scrap iron to the bottom of the river attached to a rope, I have a quick, easy, highly non-technical way of getting down BELOW the dolphins to be able to photograph them from below, either silhouetted against the sun or in any of the graceful poses they take (non-fused vertebrae in their necks allow them to coil and twist in ways other dolphins cannot.)  Anyhow, this opens up the possibility of new kinds of pictures, my constant obsession - and the source of many sleepless nights.  

Meanwhile I have enjoyed a visit these past 4 days from Regina Ribeiro, a Brazilian friend of Marty and mine.  She has had a chance to swim with the dolphins, and it's been great to have company.  If any of you are in the neighborhood, drop by!

Love to all,

Kevin

1 Comments:

Blogger JillBrazil said...

I love reading the posts on your progress photographing the dolphins! Fascinating!
Best Wishes - Jill Siegel

July 13, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home