Friday, July 11, 2008

Getting Help


I really couldn't do all this by myself...  My primary help is Christoph Berquet, a German guide here who I met on my first trip last year.  Over the intervening months, we have corresponded and made all the preparations for this trip.  He designed and oversaw the construction of the platform, chose a boat driver and arranged for an another assistant.  Every day he makes things possible.  "No problem" seem to be his favorite 2 words despite whatever outrageous idea I have.  

 The photo is of Christoph sitting on our canoe from underwater - he was standing by while I tried to shot Botos from below.

Meanwhile, the weather has changed.  After a week of intense sun and heat, today it is cloudy and what passes for cool here.  A great opportunity to shoot inside the forest and get some things I have not been able to do in full sun.

Love to all,   Kevin

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Shuey said...

Hey, I'm wondering with all your talk of being afraid of heights if it's really Cristoph on top the Platform - LOL. Hope the cloudy weather makes those "sense of place" photos easier to come by. Great updates and someof those comments by "lemur lady" are funny but who is she????????? OK, just joking Nancy. Little Daniel says hi and have fun. Steve

July 11, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a picture that actually shows Kevin on top of the highest level of the platform....not some digital retouch effort....Hope all is going well...?

July 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

OK OK enough of you guys ribbing me about the platform : obviously I am going to have to crawl up there at some point. Does the fact that the lower platform is BETTER carry any weight at all???

Actually my best pictures this trip have been at water level - or below.....

Things are going very well : every day I get something new, and unexpected. There are still a couple of key shots that will be a challenge if I can even do them. ..

Ciao, Kevin

July 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Steve Shuey said...

Sorry man, I'm with Ged and we won't be satisfied until we see you at the top so just get it over with :-)

Glad to hear you are getting some good stuff.

July 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home