Thursday, July 17, 2008

Breakthrough


As you know, I have been struggling this entire trip with illustrating the notion of "dolphins in the forest".  Although I knew that Botos forage in the flooded forest, I was no less stunned last year when I actually heard them rising to breathe in the middle of jungle thickets, and stands of inundated trees.  Amazing.

My challenge, then, has been to photograph this phenomenon.  Toward this end, I had a platform built in a tree in an area where we hoped they would swim.  Today I climbed up into the platform and, voila - they came.  I shot a few dozen shots, but the light was not ideal  (e.g. DARK  : ISO 2000 for those of you who know what this means...)

Still it gives me a tangible goal for my last week....

Christoph took this shot of me in the tree after dropping me off by canoe.


Love to all,

Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home